PREPARE for unexpected emergencies, PREVENT disease and untimely death, PROMOTE healthy lifestyles, and help residents across the lifespan PROSPER!
Hours of Operation
Rio Blanco County Public Health and Environment is currently offering a wide range of services (please see below). We are open Monday-Friday to answer phone calls, and by appointment for services:
Tuesdays and Thursdays, 8am-5pm Wednesdays and Fridays, 8am-5pm
The three core functions of public health are:
- Assessment: Regular, systematic collection of information on the health of the community.
- Assurance: Assure that the services necessary to achieve health goals are available to the whole population, either by encouraging other entities to provide them or, if necessary, by providing services directly.
- Policy Development: Work for rules, laws, and/or policies that serve the health interests of the whole community.
- Assure access and provide linkages to personal health services.
- Develop policies that support and protect the health of the community and the environment.
- Enforce laws and regulations that protect the health of the public and the environment.
- Mobilize community partnerships to solve identified health problems.
- Monitor the health status of the population and the environment, and identify community health problems.
- Prevent and control the spread of communicable disease.
- Promote positive health behaviors and environmental practices.