To promote the well being of the citizens of Rio Blanco County with respect and dedication to our unique way of life, by protecting the overall health of our community. - subject to approval by the RBC Board of Health
Hours of Operation
Rio Blanco County Public Health and Environment is currently offering a wide range of services (please see below). We are open Monday-Friday to answer phone calls, and by appointment for services:
Mondays, Wednesdays 0800-4:30pm, Fridays 8am-2pm Rangely:
Tuesdays, Thursdays 0800-4:30pm, Fridays 8am-2pm
The three core functions of public health are:
- Assessment: Regular, systematic collection of information on the health of the community.
- Assurance: Assure that the services necessary to achieve health goals are available to the whole population, either by encouraging other entities to provide them or, if necessary, by providing services directly.
- Policy Development: Work for rules, laws, and/or policies that serve the health interests of the whole community.
- Assure access and provide linkages to personal health services.
- Develop policies that support and protect the health of the community and the environment.
- Enforce laws and regulations that protect the health of the public and the environment.
- Mobilize community partnerships to solve identified health problems.
- Monitor the health status of the population and the environment, and identify community health problems.
- Prevent and control the spread of communicable disease.
- Promote positive health behaviors and environmental practices.