The mission of the Rio Blanco County Economic Development Department is to diversify and sustain our economy by partnering with public and private entities. This will be accomplished by building a business friendly environment, elevating the quality of life, leveraging competitive advantages to retain, grow and recruit business while cultivating and enhancing business opportunities throughout Rio Blanco County.
Rio Blanco County Economic Development website at
- Community Plans & Strategies
- Demographic & Community Info
- ED in the News...
- Community Updates
Community Plans & Strategies
Rio Blanco County Economic Development Strategy (2015)
- 2013 Economy Overview - EMSI Report (PDF)
- Colorado Enterprise Zone (EZ) Program Fact Sheet (PDF)
- Measurement of Economic Activity for Coal Industry and Electrical Power Generation Industry (PDF)
- Meeker Community Survey - 2005 (PDF)
- Meeker Sales Tax Leakage (2012) Report Part 1 (PDF)
- Meeker Sales Tax Leakage (2012) Report Part 2 (PDF)
- Meeker SWOT Analysis 2012 (PDF)
- Rangely SWOT Analysis 2014 (PDF)
- Rio Blanco County Profile (PDF)
- Sales, Use, and Lodging Tax Numbers 2008-2013 (PDF)
- Stats America Profile (PDF)
- Yampa-White River USDA Stronger Economies Together (SET) Plan 2014 (PDF)
- Youreconomy.org - Establishments (PDF)
- Youreconomy.org - Jobs (PDF)
- Youreconomy.org - Sales (PDF)
- Colorado Tourism Office Presentation on Available Resources for Tourism Promotion
- Building Rural Colorado's Adventure Tourism Market Presentation by Adventure Travel Trade Association
- Adventure Travel Trade Association Community Builder Workshop Presentation
- Tourism Work Plan
"Call Yourself Creative" website: http://www.callyourselfcreative.org/
Colorado Creative Industries website: http://coloradocreativeindustries.org/
- Rio Blanco County Creative Industry Report: "Snapshot of the Arts"
- Northwest CO regional Creative Industry Report: "Snapshot of the Arts"
Economic Development in the News...
- Press Release- Rangely: The Tire Sports Getaway of Colorado
- Press Release CTO Marketing Matching Grant
- More Resources Coming to Small Businesses in RBC
- PRESS RELEASE_ Colorado Certified Small Business Community Winners Announced
- Press Release Colorado Tourism Office Funding
- Press Release Enterprise Zone Designation
- Cook Mentioned in Governor's Address
- 2017 State of the State Address _ The Official Site of Governor Hickenlooper
- Governor to Create a Broadband Office
- Rio Blanco County Stays Relevant With Broadband
- Letter to the Editor: Cameo Shooting Center will help, not hurt, Meeker Center
- Proposed Outdoor Adventure Center would be one-of-a-kind 'destination attraction'
Building a Prosperous Rio Blanco County
- Building a Prosperous Rio Blanco County: Part I - Overview
- Building a Prosperous Rio Blanco County: Part II - Attracting Businesses and Employers
- Building a Prosperous Rio Blanco County: Part III - Retaining Business
- Building a Prosperous Rio Blanco County: Part IV - Tourism
- Building a Prosperous Rio Blanco County: Part V - Government Role
Meeker Community Open House - November 2, 2016
A community open house was held to provide updates to the public regarding all this economic development related in Meeker. Below are a few handouts from the event.
- Business Attraction
- Business Retention
- Center for Outdoor Adventure
- Meeker Tourism Strategies
- Tax Increment Financing
- Urban Renewal Authority
- Bureau of Land Management
- Economic Development
- Rangely Area Chamber of Commerce
- Town of Rangely
Certified Local Governments Workshop - April 6, 2017
The Certified Local Government (CLG) Program seeks to encourage and expand local involvement in historic preservation activities through a partnership between local governments and the State Historic Preservation Office, and the National Park Service.